Arbitration Lawyers in Washington, DC
An Alternative Legal Solution
Arbitration is a way to end disputes that is oftentimes cheaper and timelier than going to trial. In arbitration, both parties involved in a conflict select a neutral third party to serve as an arbitrator. The arbitrator presides over a hearing, during which both sides present evidence and arguments.
Arbitrators, like judges, can award a variety of remedies in many areas. These may include ordering one party to pay the other a sum of money, ordering one party or another to do or not to do something, or the performance of a contract.
Although arbitration is often a better alternative to litigation, it is not for everyone; cases involving family law, immigration law, and criminal law cannot be arbitrated because the parties cannot enter into an agreement without restriction.
The advantages of arbitration include:
- It is cheaper than even the speediest of trials
- Takes less time than litigation
- Offers both binding and non-binding agreements
- Overflowing court dockets can be avoided
- Private rather than public proceedings, preserving privacy
- Appeals cannot be made
- Judicial precedents do not have to be followed
Are you faced with a legal matter that you wish could be resolved without the cost and stress of court? Arbitration may be a favorable option for you. Contact us today at 202-257-9730 to discuss your situation with our Washington DC attorney.
Why Hire Us?
- We can handle a wide range of legal matters effectively
- We are committed to interacting with each client in an honest manner
- We have a strong work ethic & take a client-centered approach
- We proudly serve Washington, D.C. & many cities throughout Virginia & Maryland
- We provide strong legal counsel & guidance while being caring & understanding