Estate Planning Washington, D.C.
Proper Estate Preparation in Washington DC
While no one wants to think about death or end-of-life matters, failing to create an estate plan may cause serious problems for you and your loved ones in the future. As Washington DC probate attorneys, we know the stress that comes with the failure to establish estate plans before death. Proper estate planning not only puts you in charge of your assets and finances, but spares your loved ones the pain, money, and frustration of having to manage your estate when you are unable to.
The areas of estate planning include:
- Providing for incapacity: If you become incapacitated in any way, you may not be able to deal with your financial affairs. Ensuring that you have legal protections in such an event can save your loved ones a great deal of trouble and ensure that you have control over your assets and finances.
- Avoiding Probate: If you fail to establish a proper will and estate, the courts can sort out your affairs for you. Doing so can often be very harmful to your loved ones and others, since they may lose out on treasured and needed assets.
- Providing for Minor Children: If you pass away before your children have reached adulthood, you may need to ensure that they are brought up by the person or people you deem right. Ensure that the right people are given the tools they need to care for your children if you are unable to do so.
Ensure the proper administration of your assets and finances today while protecting your loved ones from a great deal of trouble and frustration. Schedule an appointment for a free consultation by calling us today at 202-257-9730!
Why Hire Us?
- We can handle a wide range of legal matters effectively
- We are committed to interacting with each client in an honest manner
- We have a strong work ethic & take a client-centered approach
- We proudly serve Washington, D.C. & many cities throughout Virginia & Maryland
- We provide strong legal counsel & guidance while being caring & understanding